My Review: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

This story was funny, a little suspenseful, sad and romantic. The devotion between Henry and Claire is constant and enduring. I liked that they were flawed characters. We see two people struggling to maintain some kind of normalcy. They have disagreements & misunderstandings but remain committed to one another. It’s just amazing how the author intricately sequenced everything. Plainly put, the book is just beautifully written.

SPOILERS: I held back on giving it five stars. It seemed to be missing a few things & had a few holes. As I read this book, I found myself having to skim back to previous pages. The jumping around was confusing at times. I’d read a little and have to skim back so I could remember what year, what ages are they and so forth. But this didn’t bother me too much. It was worth overlooking. I would have liked however, to have see more of the secondary character developments. More of Gomez's and Charisse's flawed marriage would have been helpful. Then when Henry went through the whole frost bit episode he didn’t time travel. I kept thinking “oh no, don’t let him time travel now.” And he didn’t but then that left me wondering, how was that possible? Pretty much through out the whole book he time travels. There was nothing mentioned about why he didn’t time travel while he was down and out of it. I also didn’t like the scene towards the end with Gomez & Claire. After this scene nothing is said between Claire & Gomez. How could Claire do that to her best friend Charisse? Then from 2008 the story jumps to the end. It’s 2054 and Claire is 82. It would have been nice to read just a little about Claire’s & Alba’s life in between those years. And I would have liked to known if Dr. Kendrick finally found a cure for chrono displacement disorder and if Alba chose to use the cure or not. At the end I'm left with a bittersweet ending. I’m happy on one hand that Claire finally gets to see Henry but sad she had to wait so long.

All in all, I did enjoy this book. The love story was amazing and it was worth the time to read. 4 out 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 Kainani's Readz |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.